Thursday, June 6, 2024

Follow soot

  

That zeppelin guy lugging around 

The branches on his sepia back, that's death. Fuel dies and coals wane 

It's still a top seller 

Kindling wood, beach party isn't the same without a trojan hero on a pyre 

I cremated my ginormous dog Klondike (after he died) 

A malamute over 150 pounds 

I owned half of 80 acres in unimpeachable wooded country 

I built the pyre correctly, it blazed for hours and I fed it to accomplish my task 

That zeppelin guy, it would have taken ten or twenty such loads 

I used not just twigs branches but oak heartwood  split fir, alder, ash 

There's more Klondike left on the swale Creek shore than home that our forbearers built 

Earned materials from working on the Alaska pipeline 

Destined to demolition in spite 

Of spite and city ignorance. 

Life is a hobby some ignite to warm their flickering soul, 

Only years later know the value 

Of children raised, fed, gardens nourished with soot. 


 





No comments: