Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Itinerary guide

  

A dream with dad this morning 


He didn't want me to write his obituary.


Isn't that special, I'm a good speller 


I'm a so so editor so what's the problem 


I ask myself I don't want to write  


My own birth announcement


Or my blunder itinerary,


The End. 


 ***


Looking up the unknown species 


In the bird book, the unknown tree 


Found solace  


Come rest here on my paddle


The unknown river sang 


A river has to go, it ain't pond.


Reflections over shiny fabric 


Moon light ripple 


How we go is written by how light stayed, how the brush kept it from drying, in a turpentine jar 


Thanks, tree 




*** 


The canoe upside down shed the water 


It was built to shed 


It wasn't rivet born it never saw river 


No stone tested no logjam quizzed 


The talequah trips life jacket food cooler harmonica sleeping bag  


Rivet guide would pick us up the next day canoe camping keeps it simple 


It was a different country 


River waters not cimarron slow shallow flood stretched wide 


Back in our neck of the state


In our spot, our canoe upside down


Our floatation vests inside 


Good homes for spider webs good place close to the summer dusk fly gliders 


Canoe hauled up the bank 


So a rain won't carry it away 


So we have to swamp out 


So pond don't claim it as bass habitat 






 










No comments: