Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Shush kabob

The old white men came prepared, 

Their meat smoke left wife at home

Maybe widowers, maybe a bowling circle sick of hotdogs 

The muslim moms push their kids on the swing set 

The lone guy who does stretches barechested across the field again exerts his skinny flex

I'm no judge I ate salsa I made earlier 

And blueberries, the round islander kids play soccer 

My radio on classical my mind on my family not here, mom dead 

Girls growing older than their mom when she had them 

The flower woman came out to water as I played violin 

It's our chance to visit, most days she moves around her florist station 

I catch glimpses here outside her stores window 

I'm the meat, I'm the fly on flesh getting a lick, i'm the ribs of the joke, i'm the shush kabob making noise with a coffee can just in case 

The pit bull off leash jingles it's kong collar as their beard dude promenade 

I don't see nothing ain't worried or hungry summer flaunts 



 



SE PDX 


No comments: