Friday, September 22, 2023

Squared circles (2018)

 Guilt caught up on me in dream

This morning I think upon reflection

Eloquent slow saturday pillow wrestling

I was escaping a cougar

Who walked toward me in the dusk

I went up a chain link fence

And got stuck on the sharp top ends

That's when I awoke

Another piece of dream I was at a counter

And a weird glass box had a spinning

Bottom with some tidbit twirling

In square circles

I opened a door to get the sample

But it was bait and my index finger

Was trapped on a magnetic gravity pad

I pulled hard as I could

To no avail summoned my strength

Got free and awoke the previous

Pillow over square ear having 

Masked windows all day for painting

Up on the treacherous ladders

Perched over cougar teeth

Accidents none love

Didn't happen, my lucky devil stars

Smiling down on Saturday ruminations

With the ever pleasant voice

Of my cousin, letting me know

Moms better last night tied one in

After work with klob

Sitting downtown sidewalk sipping

Puddle hoppers as street kids busked

My fumaroles soul venting

To clear the depression layers that river

Couldn't cleanse went by bus home

Put on a white sheer tanktop

And head bandana and lo behold

It's karate kid on TV at the honky tonk

Wax on paint that fenced horizon

Jazz band leads dreams to peel like

Slum landlord siding

Got a job offer to stain a food cart deck

Floor for plates if Thai hell yeah

Maybe I'll be fired today

Maybe I'll go back to uneasy sleep

Where feelings shape imagination sharp

Offering grabs at icarus pints dripping

Off her wings too near sun

That's the mission

No comments: